Monday, August 7, 2017

Lasso of Truth



The Lasso of Truth was an extremely simple addition to my Wonder Woman costume!


Supplies include: Rope, gold spray paint (buy a much bigger can!), scissors, and newspaper.  Originally I used the duct tape shown to secure the ends of the rope, but didn't like how it turned out and scrapped that idea.


 Instead I used thin cord and a little super glue.


I used some rope of medium thickness and measured enough to loop it around eight times.  I secured the ends by knotting and looping a thin cord to bind the ends of the rope.  For additional hold, I coated the ends of the cord with superglue.


Then I sprayed the rope gold.  I greatly underestimated the amount of paint needed, so buy a much larger can than the one in the photo!


That is it!  Short and sweet.  I recommend storing the rope looped up the way you want to wear it with the costume so it doesn't get twisted or knotted into a weird shape.


No comments:

Post a Comment